Wednesday 25 April 2012

Time to unwind?

I know I shouldn't but I really have to write to unwind.  Been spending last night and the majority part of the day cramming for my oral and it's going very slowly indeed.  Not even sure if I'll remember half of what I've read.  =(  So much for enjoying Anzac Holiday.

Anyway, I am currently listening to 'Wuthering Heights' by Kate Bush.  Heard it for the first time on 'the Voice' a few nights back and although my initial thought was 'Eek! Sounds like the girl swallowed helium!'  I am pulled in once she reached the chorus.  So mesmerizing.  You'll find the song on my blog's playlist.

Leave behind my wuthering, wuthering
Wuthering Heights
Chorus :
Heathcliff, it's me, I'm Cathy, I've come home,
I'm so cold, let me in a-your-window

Heathcliff, it's me, I'm Cathy, I've come home,
I'm so cold, let me in a-your-window
Oh let me have it, let me grab your soul away,
Oh let me have it, let me grab your soul away,
You know it's me, Cathy


Lol.  Such a dark lyric, but so fitting of the novel.  I read it a few years ago when I was really into Classical novels.  Only once and never again.  I don't get the hype about it being one of the most romantic novel of all times.  It depresses me, is cruel and I totally cannot connect with the main characters.  Of all the Bronte sisters' novels, I love Charlotte's Jane Eyre the most.  Should get dad to bring over the books from back home when he visits in June.

I read two novels by an author while I was at uni and for the life of me, could not recall her name.  While I was reading my notes last night, the title of the books hit me like a tonne of bricks.  "Beating about the bushes" and "Reading between the lines" by Linda Taylor.  I'm ecstatic. >_<  Totally love her novels.  They're light, easy and made me laugh out loud.  Feel good novels that I cannot get enough of.  Found out that she'd written a couple more novels since and can't wait to get my oral over and done with so I can start raiding the library for them.

Time for a run and back to studying. *sigh* Wish me luck guys~

0 comments:

Post a Comment